There's a right bit more than hope. Aslan... is on the move. — Mr. Beaver

|
First time I heard about Aslan, was on a song by spanish songwriter Marcos Vidal. Its lyrics describe the character as both a fierce warrior and a faithful, tender friend. Vidal calls him "the lion of Judah's tribe" and with a lot of reason!

It was years later that I learned this song was talking about the lion character in C. S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia.

This series of books, although childish, are very beautiful and insightful. That's why I felt inspired in painting a big portrait (55 by 40 inches) in digital oil for my living room. I haven't had the chance to print and frame it, but I assure you it will look amazing!

P.S. I decided to include this one while I'm working on the next batch of posters from the At the Movies series. The next six posters will be based on the Star Wars saga!

By the way, thanks a lot to all and everyone who has seen my work. Many of you have said such great things about it, pushing me to continue illustrating! Bless you all!

0 comments: